Company: METRO PROPERTIES
Working area: Asset Management
Contract type: full-time
Reference number: Q/17-00003
METRO PROPERTIES is the real estate company of METRO GROUP Wholesale & Food Specialist Company, an internationally leading specialist in wholesale and food retail. With its sales lines METRO Cash & Carry and Real as well as its other associated companies, METRO GROUP W&FS Co. operates in 35 countries and employs more than 112,000 people around the world. METRO PROPERTIES combines comprehensive retail competence, highly developed real estate expertise and implementation capability. METRO PROPERTIES is a partner for investments as well as for the development and support of modern wholesale and retail stores. At both the national and international level, METRO PROPERTIES pursues active and value-enhancing property management. Investors, leasing partners and customers receive competent support at METRO GROUP’s stores worldwide. Apart from its headquarters in Germany, the company operates through locations in Poland and Turkey. In other countries, the company is represented by regional managements.
We're seeking at our location in Duesseldorf a highly motivated
(Senior) Asset Manager (m/f) IT, BE, NL within Region Europe
- Active management of country portfolios in Italy, Belgium and Netherlands with roughly 80 owned and leased METRO Cash & Carry assets
- Define asset and portfolio strategies to support the wholesale business performance and to increase real estate value, including definition of required action steps for implementation
- Initiate, drive, support and complete asset-related projects in assigned portfolio, including (sub)leasing, project developments, relocations, acquisitions / buybacks, divestments etc.
- Calculate business cases to understand asset economics or project profitability / feasibility, give recommendations for investments and divestments
- Build and strengthen partnership with Country Boards of METRO Cash & Carry and relevant local contacts
- Act as real estate expert and consultant towards all relevant stakeholders
- Understand local real estate markets in assigned countries
- Build and maintain relevant network of external partners and market players
- Ensure portfolio transparency and completeness / correctness in real estate data and documentation
- Identify and assess real estate risks in assigned portfolio
- Update relevant stakeholders on project status, regular reporting
- Appropriate University degree, preferably with real estate focus
- Post-graduate degree in Real Estate or Business Management is an advantage
- Several years of working experience as Portfolio / Asset Manager in a property company, investment firm or consultancy, ideally with focus on retail / wholesale assets
- Knowledge of local real estate markets and implications
- Strong customer focused attitude, result-orientation and good communication skills
- High trustworthiness, structured and self-reliant way of working
- Confidence and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with national / international colleagues and external partners
- Analytical skills, sound knowledge in real estate finance and leasing preferred
- Pleasure for teamwork in an international environment, willingness to travel
- Fluency in English; Dutch or Italian are an advantage
Are you interested in working in a professional team? Then we would be pleased to receive your online application in English.
The METRO GROUP Wholesale & Foos Specialist Group is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.